Monday, March 10, 2008

Time is going SO quickly!

I can't believe that in less than 12 weeks I will be someone's wife!!!! This past weekend I was sitting and thinking about the wedding and how time has flown by so quickly during all of the planning. For the next few months, my number one goal is to slow down and completely relish in the rest of the process of getting married. Not that things haven't been fun up to this point, I've just now realized how fast it's gone by and since I'm only planning on doing it once I want to take in every minute!

My dress and veil came in a few weeks ago. I had my first dress fitting and it is perfect!!! Well, not EXACTLY perfect, the straps and hem need to be taken in! I can't wait to wear it on May 31 and see Matt's reaction!

I met with the florist on Saturday. Although the original plan was for Carrie and I to do the flowers ourselves since I don't want anything extravagant, we decided that it would be better to have a florist do the boutieneers (sp?). Well, since the florist is already doing seven of those, I thought to myself, "We might as well just have them do five bouquets as well and not have to worry about it the day before and the day of the wedding." So that's what is going to happen. I didn't realize how much that was stressing me out until it was off of my list of things to do. Now that a florist is taking care of that, I think both Carrie and I will have a much better time right before the wedding!

I have printed out address labels for the invitations and now I just need to finish the card insert to inform guests of where we are registered. My goal is to mail the invites out no later than March 28th. And speaking of registering, Matt and I have tried to register at Sears.......they are HORRIBLE!!!!! The customer service was some of the worst I've seen, and they seemed to cop a major attitude about us wanting to register in person at the store and not online. How dare we want to see the stuff we are registering for in person!!!! Silly us!!! So, we are going to keep the Target and Crate and Barrel registries and call it good! I'm kind of glad, even though the Sears registry was going to be stuff Matt wanted it seems like three is a lot to keep track of.

Last but not least, I wanted to mention a dream that Matt was telling me he had the other night. He dreamt it was our wedding day, and that he cried as I walked down the aisle. He had a hankerchief in the dream, and so now he wants to make sure that he has one for the actual wedding. Pretty cute........I think it would be funny if he was the one to be crying instead of me for once!!!!!

No comments: