Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The calm after the storm....

So it's all over. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since the wedding and I couldn't be happier. Not to say that I don't feel a little sad that it's all over, but I think there is more relief that the work is done.

Just to recap a little......the wedding rush really started Thursday May 29th. I went to Sac and met up with Carrie to buy my make-up and make the parents gifts. What we thought would take about three hours ended up taking more like five. So, that pushed back the time that I had for picking up my dress, getting extra house keys made and packing. Matt went with all of the boys to pick up tuxes, so it was nice to be able to focus on what I needed to do while he was gone - wrap attendant gifts and parent gifts and pack (with the help of Tyler!).

Friday morning, I woke up and had breakfast with my Mom and Matt. Then, my Mom and I met up with all the other girls to get our nails done. That was a lot of fun. Next, some of us went to go see the Sex and the City Movie. I really liked it, but will say that it was a bit heavy to watch the day before getting married. Also, the movie was incredibly long so by the time it was over we all had to fly to get ready for the rehearsal. The rehearsal went well. Not much of the goofing off and not listening from anyone, which was very much appreciated! Everyone went to The Buckhorn for dinner afterward and that was also very nice. All attendants and parents loved their gifts and Matt made a wonderful toast to thank everyone.

Saturday morning, I woke up at about 6:45 to have a one hour massage at 7:00. Helen arranged all of this, and also arranged for all of my bridesmaids to have massages throughout the day as well. It was fabulous! Between 8:00 and 10:30, there was lots of lounging around, chatting and relaxing. The hair girls showed up and did everyone's hair - mine came out perfect. The my good friend Bonnie came to do mine and Carrie's make-up, which also came out beautifully! Then, the limo showed up and we left for RH Phillips.

Upon arriving there, we all went to the holding cell. I got dressed and primped, then took pictures with all of the girls and my brother. Once I was back in hiding, Matt and the boys did their pictures and then it was time for the ceremony to start! One thing that I am thankful for is the ten minutes pre-ceremony that Mitch and I had alone. Nothing incredibly special happened, but it was just nice to have that time with only him.

Mitch and I drove up the hill to the ceremony, and from what I remember everything went off without a hitch. The ceremony was short and sweet and neither Matt nor I messed up any of the words we had to repeat. Right after the ceremony, we did a receiving line. I'm so glad we decided to do this! It was a great opportunity to be able to atleast say hello to everyone. Right after pictures, the DJ announced all of the wedding party and the reception was in full swing! (Our DJ was fabulous by the way!).

After this point, everything else is pretty much a blur. There was good food, dancing, a slideshow, and wonderful toasts, but other than that it kind of all runs together! I did have a fabulous time, but the only thing I regret is trying to walk around to talk to everyone......if I had it to do over, I would definitely stick by Matt's side and let people come to us! Oh well!!!

By 11:30 that night, the limo had dropped us off at the airport hotel and we were anxious to go on our honeymoon. We left the following day at 9:00 am. The honeymoon was great, though not terribly exciting to tell others about. We did swim with dolphins and go on a cultural tour, but other than those two activities it was a lot of sleeping, eating, drinking, swimming, and relaxing!

Upon our return, there was gifts to be opened. That was a lot of fun! Everyone was very thoughtful and Matt and I are both very appreciative!!!! Our awesome photographer even got the unedited version of all the pics to us, so we were able to have a preview which was great.

All in all, I think that our wedding was great. Everyone seemed to have a good time, there weren't any major crisis (except for when I got blood on my dress, which is too long of a story to tell here. In short, Michelle is a superstar and was able to get it all out with club soda!) and the weather was really on our side!!! The most exciting thing though, is that now Matt is my husband and I couldn't be happier about anything!

No comments: