Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Hump Day Post

Nothing exciting to report. Work is good, school is the same. My husband is perfect and my family and friends are happy and healthy.

I find myself being  more and more ready for cooler weather, which is unusual for me. Maybe it's the upcoming holiday season. With Halloween being on Friday, the general question of late is, "What are your plans for Halloween?" My answer? NOTHING!! Well, not really nothing. Matt and I are actually planning to join our fabulous neighbors (James and Tiffany) while they take their two wonderful daughters (Skylar and Emerson) trick or treating. Then, we will order pizza and drink and talk and hang (it's what we do best together, no matter where we are). I'm really looking forward to Halloween for a few reasons:

1. I DO NOT have to figure out what kind of costume I am going to sport to a party. Now, I do like parties. I enjoy seeing people and being out and basking in the company of those that are our friends. However, I have HATED dressing up for Halloween since I was about 12. Give me a theme party and I'm game, but Halloween costumes just suck in my opinion. So, not dressing up this year is one of the best things for me.

2. We are going to be spending the evening with some of our most favorite people. And, we get to see two of our favorite kids dressed in their costumes and join in on taking them around the blocks surrounding our house to fill up their pumpkin buckets with treats.

3. We are going to be spending the evening with some of our most favorite people. At their house. Away from our house. Which means we don't have to get up to answer the door every 5 minutes and we don't have to buy candy that ends up being left over and getting gobbled down by me. 

4. It seems that this year, beyond Halloween, Thanksgiving is literally right around the corner. And I LOVE Thanksgiving (another post with a list to reveal why will be in the works).

So, that's what we're doing for Halloween. And that concludes my super exciting blog for this week!

No comments: