Monday, December 1, 2008

I can't believe it's December!!!

Only 24 more days until Christmas!!!! To be honest, I've never considered Christmas a favorite holiday. I've always felt that it was played up way too much, that people spent too much money and stressed themselves out, and didn't really appreciate the true meaning of Christmas. This year, however, I'm really looking forward to Christmas. Maybe it's something to do with havinga husband and the prospect of having kids someday to see get excited about Santa. Who knows!!

Anyway, we started off our holiday season with four Thanksgivings. The first was the Friday before the actual holiday with Matt's Dad and Step-Mom (Jeff and Helen) and all of the kids. The steps were going to be elsewhere on the actual holiday, but still wanted to celebrate with us so that's why we started early. It was a great night!!! The next day, we did our third annual Friends Thanksgiving/Jason's birthday party. That was also very fun!! The real Thanksgiving found Matt and I splitting the day with each side of our families. Everything was lovely. We ate too much, drank too much and sat around and did nothing, but we loved every minute!!

Being lucky enough to have a four day weekend, we did have some motivation to be a little productive.....I painted our laundry room orange and Matt put up our Christmas lights. Both projects looked great by the end and we're very happy. 

That's my update for now because I'm boring!!!

No comments: