Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our Holiday

Christmas this year was wonderful, albeit busy! We kicked off our celebrations on Tuesday the 22nd with a quiet get together at my Mom's. Mitch brought a girl to a family gathering for the first time, which was cute. Shaundra (sp?) was very nice, down to earth, and easy to talk with. I enjoyed her company immensely and am glad that my little brother is keeping company with such a nice young woman.

Wednesday the 23rd, we celebrated with Matt's Dad, Helen, and all of the siblings and spouses. This gathering was super fun and I'm excited that we're turning it into a new tradition. 

Christmas Eve was at Matt's Mom's house. We had a lovely dinner and a fun white elephant gift exchange. 

Christmas morning was spent at the Allen's, as always. Emmy was super fun this year as she is three and "gets" Christmas a little more than she has in the past. Santa even made a surprise visit and brought her and Skylar presents. Very fun. We finished the day at my cousins home with my side of the family. 

For New Years, we are getting out of town and heading to the family cabin in Tahoe. I'm excited to escape the worries of which parties we're going to attend, how we're getting home, and what I'm going to wear! 

No comments: