Monday, January 11, 2010

1.11.10

We were up in Tahoe for NYE, but just did a lot of lazing around. It was nice to have an understated December 31st for a change! Upon returning home, we took down Christmas. It was a relief to have that project taken care of, though Matt and I were commenting last night that the holiday season was not what it normally is for us. It seemed to zip past and I don't think we savored it as we should have. Chalk it up to Matt being sick for a week, Henry being on his way, or a million other things. Next year, it WILL be different : )

There are some upcoming trips that we have planned. Matt is taking two ski trips, one to Jackson Hole, WY that has become a yearly tradition with his Dad and one to a place called Revel Stokes in Canada. I'm going to NYC, Philidelphia, D.C. and Williamsberg. SO excited about this. I'm also very blessed that Matt and I are able to pull together the funds so that I can go. Though we're both completely stoked about our respective trips, we won't be going on any of them together. They are also all taking place within a two month span which means that we will be apart for a total of three weeks in an eight week period. Thank goodness the trips are spaced apart.....I'm gonna miss Matt like CRAZY! On the same note, I think it's wonderful that we have the opportunities that we do and that we have such a relationship that we are comfortable letting one another experience things!

My Spring semester for school begins on the 19th of this month. I'm taking Physiology and Microbiology. It will more than likely be a stretch to take these two classes at the same time as well as work 30+ hours per week, but I know that it will be well worth it come summertime when I have that much more under my belt. One year from now, I will have all pre-reqs finished and I will be applying to nursing schools!!! I think I may cry a little when the day comes! Another blessing that I count often.....being able to go to school to achieve the career that I yearn for, and having a husband that supports me financially, mentally, studiously, and in so many other ways through it! 

I've gotten a bug up my bottom to re-decorate our bedroom. I'm thinking "beachy", restful, peaceful-ish color tones. The rest of our house is very "warm" which I love, but I need a room that's a little different. This means at bare minimum to paint the walls and re-stain our furniture a darker color. I'm trying to keep costs down and stay with the duvet covers that I already own. OH, annnnnnd, drum roll please..............we FINALLY ordered carpet to have installed in the third bedroom!!!!! Yes folks, 6 months after beginning to paint, in a few short weeks we should finally have a useful space that will be known as the office. Very excited about that!

And because I'm lame and I like to plan out our meals and be able to see how often we eat what and what needs to be changed or added to the mix, Menu Plan for the week is.......

Sunday: French onion soup and salad

Monday: Mushroom parmesan and bok choy

Tuesday: Chicken breast stuff with pecans & blue cheese over rice and spinach

Wednesday: Matt's night

Thursday: Pick your poison night (Leftovers!!!!)

No comments: