Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Some Dingos ate My Gift!!!

Well, not really dingos. Just our two dogs. So, last weekend on Saturday my Mom and I had our bi-weekly ritual of breakfast and shopping. Now, don't go thinking I'm a big old shopaholic, 'cause I'm not! We often shop for groceries and go to Costco together! Anywho, this particular shopping trip I also needed to get a baby present and a birthday gift for this sweet boy.

So, I find the PERFECT gifts. I'm seriously so excited. I show Matt, he gives me some pretty good obligatory oooh's and aaah's, and I set about wrapping said gifts. Fast forward to the following day. We were going to a friends house to watch some football. A few times within the past week, we had left both dogs inside for a number of hours and they were fine. They had earned our trust. So, being that it was pretty drizzly outside, let again chose to leave them in the house. BIG MISTAKE! We came home to find my beautifully wrapped birthday presents destroyed. Completely trashed. I was so upset I couldn't even scold them (not that it would have done any good anyway, we didn't "catch" them in the act).

Even though we were pretty mad, I kept thinking to myself, "We are so fortunate. I was able to buy these gifts to begin with. I will be able to replace them. The dogs didn't hurt themselves (which wouldn't have surprised me!). Matt and I are both happy and healthy. In the grand scheme of things, this really isn't something to hyperfocus on." So, I got over it and went about my business. Being mad and beating our dog-kids would not have fixed the presents. So that is that!

Fortunately, I have the best Mom in the world. She was with me when I purchased the gifts and has the time to go and purchase replacements for me. THANK YOU MOMMA!

Besides that whole charade, things are good. Helen is coming over after work today to pull colors for our walls. I'm excited about that. Matt and I also went to Home Depot last weekend and picked out carpet that was much more reasonable in price, cutting the grand total in half! 

This weekend is Matt's birthday and we are super busy!!! I'm so excited to surprise him with his gift. I bought it back in October and have waited all this time, planned carefully, just in hopes that he'll be happy. I'll post an update after it all goes down.

No comments: