Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This & That

I'm finding myself in a "funk" at work more and more lately. I don't hate my job, I'm just ready to be a nurse. A few more years.....

I know exactly what my "funk" is attributed to, and without going into too much detail I will say that it is my boss. He's not mean or condescending or anything of that sort. Just annoying. And I will leave it at that because overall I do like him and I appreciate who employs me. 

Today Matt and I are taking a big step. We are adding my name to his checking account so that our funds and bills will from now on be joint. Crazy that we've been married almost two years and this hasn't happened yet, right? I know. But really, it wasn't broken before (still isn't). I pay for groceries and stuff for the household and he takes care of the bills. But it's getting to the point where it's just kind of weird that we're a team and our finances are separate. It makes sense for us to have our money bulked together and for bills to be ours rather than his and hers. So, we are making the journey to our bank this afternoon to make it official. Exciting huh? It's about time!

I'm thinking about joining a gym. A Fitness 19 recently opened fairly close to my office and I have aspirations of bringing workout clothes with me two or three times per week and heading to work up a sweat before going home after work. Lucky for me, a dear friend of mine is employed by said gym and is willing to give me a week pass to "try before I buy". It's like $15 per month, which I can totally justify and even more, will not feel bad if I only go once every week. The down fall? No classes, just machines. Not that I'm a huge class person, and the monthly membership cost is totally resonable for them not having classes to offer. We'll see. I've decided I'm going to let my school semester start and get a feel for my work load before I make a decision.

Lastly....I want to go on vacation. Really. freaking. bad. I don't care where I go at this point, or for how long. I just want to be with Matt, away from every day life, enjoying a break. We'll see....

No comments: