Monday, February 8, 2010

Love is in the air...

....as Valentine's Day approaches, I find myself asking friends what their plans are that day. I don't know why, I never have before as this "holiday" is not one that is especially important to me. Anway, it has been interesting to hear the wide spectrum of responses. Matt and I have never been huge heart day people. Some years we have gone to dinner, others not. Last year Matt was a groomsman in a friends wedding on February 15th, so the 14th consisted of us being at a rehearsal dinner for said wedding. This year, I'm thinking of ordering a pre-made dinner from our local grocery store. It consists of a brie wheel with apricot, 2 filets with crab on top, asparagus, mashed potatoes, bread and chocolate dipped strawberries....all for $50!! Now, this may seem like a lot, but if we were to go out to a nice dinner it would cost a heck of a lot more than that!!! Plus, this way we can enjoy dinner in the comfort of our own home, without a reservation, in our jammies if we want. Sounds good to me. And Matt's on board too so that always helps : )

In other news, I got a ton of stuff this last weekend for our bedroom make over and our office. The carpet is being put into the office today and I have curtains for in there. I was able to find a few accessory items for our bedroom, so now we just need to get it painted and stain the furniture and we'll be in business! I'm hoping to get that all accomplised this weekend as it's a three day weekend! Before and after pictures to come soon!

The 31st of January was Matt's 30th birthday. His present from me this year was tickets to the AMA Supercross in San Francisco! He was totally surprised and excited. We went to the race and then spent the night in the city, our wonderful friends James and Tiffany joined us and we all had a great time!! I was going to post some pictures, but I think a total of 4 were taken and they didn't come out super great soooooooo....too bad!

I have my first microbiology test tomorrow. I feel okay about it, but really, I've come to know that you don't know exactly what your studying style should be for certain classes until AFTER the first test. It just depends on the instuctor and how they test. We'll see.....I'm trying to keep in mind that my entire class grade will not rest solely on this one test so that I don't freak out!

I'm hoping to take my new running shoes for a spin on Wednesday....definitely need to get my butt moving as summer is just around the corner!

No comments: