Monday, December 27, 2010

Where Have I Been???

Ah, 9 (yes, NINE) weeks have passed since I updated my poor, lonely blog. No wonder I never have any comments. I'm undependable!! I wish I had a good excuse, but I don't. All that I can say is I am human. However, I have been out experiencing some things to blog about!

Today, let's just talk about Christmas since that was the most recent event. We always tend to have busy holidays, but Christmas probably takes the cake. We began our festivities on the evening of the 23rd at Matt's Dad's home. Helen cooked a yummy dinner and we exchanged gifts with the step siblings. It's always a great night celebrating with that branch of the family and I love starting off the holiday there.

Friday morning (Christmas Eve) we always have brunch at my Mom's house. It was nice to be "home" for the morning and to spend some time with my Mom, her friend Bill, my brother, his friend Shaundra, and of course, my awesome husband.

Christmas Eve we headed over to Matt's Mom's home. She made a great dinner and then we did a gift exchange with everyone. About 11 that night, Matt and I returned home and gave one another presents. He spoiled me yet again - as did everyone else. Here are some of the things that I was SO excited to receive:

Christmas morning we have started a tradition of going to our neighbors home for breakfast. They have a 12 year old and a four year old and it's so much fun to watch them open Santa presents. That afternoon, we went to my cousin's house for a couple of hours and then finished off the day flopping on our couch!!!

I am thankful every single day of the year for what I have. My wonderful family, my friends, my home, health, job and so, so much more. On Christmas though, I couldn't help but be constantly reminded of just how very blessed I am.

My wish is that each person reading this also had a wonderful holiday with their loved ones : )

No comments: