Monday, May 10, 2010

Eight years...

Eight years ago, I was a junior in high school and had just turned 17...

Eights years ago, I was dreaming of college...

Eight years ago, I went to football games every Friday night...

Eight years ago, I was all consumed with typical teenage girl things...

Eights years ago, I learned all too soon that those things really don't matter...

Eight years ago, my life was changed forever...

Eight years ago, I lost my Dad...

And I still miss him as much today as I did then. That, I am convinced, will never ever change. The lump in my throat is no different today than it was on May 10, 2002, but my heart is different. My heart is glad to have had my Dad for as long as I did. I'm happy that he was so wonderful and that I had the pleasure of calling him Dad. Even if it was only for 17 short years. And I'm happy that I can finally accept that he would want for me to be happy and to live life.  So, here's to ya Dad...I'll be having a scotch for you (and for me!) tonight : )

No comments: