Monday, October 29, 2007

Caterer's, DJ's and Dresses, OH MY!

I am beginning to think back to being a little girl and picturing my wedding. It's funny, because when I was younger my wedding seemed like a distant dream and now it's only 7 months away!!! I also think it's funny that when you are dreaming about your wedding, you don't really consider all of the work and planning that goes into it.......although most of it is fun, it can be exhausting and stressful. I am so thankful to have the best fiance, Mom, family (hi Jordan!), soon to be in-laws and of course friends. I don't know what I would without all of them!

As for the update, we have chosen our caterer. Morrison's will be doing the food. We are going with a heavy appetizer set up, which basically means that there will be 10-12 different appetizers on tables and being passed around. I like this set up the best because I LOVE appetizers, and also because I feel like people will be able to graze and drink and visit and dance and graze without having to worry about waiting in a long line for their dinner! Some of the appetizer selections will include (but will not be limited to) prawn cocktail, crostini, sliced tri-tip, fruit and stuffed mushrooms.

The DJ thing is becoming a little daunting. I really wanted the DJ that did my cousins wedding in June to do ours, but he is already booked for May 31st, so that is out. I called a local guy who has done several weddings at our venue, and he was very nice (I've also seen him DJ at other events and like his style). However, I'm beginning to learn that you get what you pay for, and he is a little expensive. The main thing about our DJ is that they are going to need a silent generator for the ceremony as it will be held on top of a hill in the middle of a vineyard.......I'm going to make some more calls this week to other DJ's and equipment rental places.

Last but not least (and quite frankly, the most exciting thing!), is that I have found my dress. It's a little hard to describe, but overall it's a satin material that is a sheath style. It just so happens that the bridal shop here in town has it and will order it for me. They also do all of their alterations at no charge when you purchase a dress from them. I think it will be super convenient to be able to go for my fittings here in town rather than all the way to Sacramento or the Bay Area.

That's the update for now. Hopefully soon I will have some news about save-the-dates and favors (my cousin may have convinced me to do them, but I will be recruiting her for help!!!).

No comments: