Thursday, August 13, 2009

READY!!!

I am SO ready for it to be Friday!! For some reason, this week seems to be dragging by. You would think that would be a good thing, considering that it's my last week of summer before school starts up, but the problem is that time only drags while I'm at work!!!

Tuesday, Matt, Jason and I took the boat out. After Sunday's incident, I was nervous that we would be "boatless" for our Tahoe trip. Luckly, Matt had a slow day at work on Tuesday and was able to give the X-10 a little TLC. The three of us went for a short river cruise that evening, and everything went smoothly! Let's hope that holds true on Lake Tahoe in a week!!

Last night, Matt and I went to dinner with his Dad and Step-mom to celebrate. Shellhammer Constructions bid was accepted to build a duck lodge out in the middle of no where. Basically, they'll be the general contractors for the completion of a main "lodge" house and five smaller residences (2 bed, 2 bath each), and I think one or two other buildings. It was quite the surprise that their bid was accepted as they were competing with three other contractors, but no complaints!! We're super excited, and very thankful : ) There hasn't been a day this last year that Matt has left for work and I have been saying praises that there is work to be done. 

Tonight, we've got some work to do in the office. I think my time with assisting the business is drawing to a close. Matt really has stepped up so much since his sister left, and has made a 110% effort to learn the ins and outs and improve things. I'm so proud of him, and am really happy that he's educated on what is going on in the office and not just the jobsite. 

Tomorrow, my two co-workers and I are doing a light shopping trip to the outlets. I'm excited for that - hoping to get a pair of jeans and maybe one or two fall tops. As my health and fitness plight continues, I don't want to invest a whole lot in new clothes as I'm hoping that in a few months I'll be down a couple of sizes! Then, after shopping, I think I've convinced Matt it's time (three months after we started!) to finish painting our third bedroom. Once that's done we can get flooring in there and make it an office, which will be so great for when I'm in school - especially with the online class I'm taking this semester. 

Saturday, we are thinking of getting out of town. Originally we wanted to go away for the whole weekend, but with the Tahoe trip being next weekend the logistics just weren't there as far as funds, the dogs, etc. So, probably a day trip to the coast....we'll see! 

Sunday, we'll be boating with the Allen's. It probably seems like we do this a lot, but in all reality we have to plan trips with them WEEKS in advance. This particular trip was planned so far ahead that I forgot about it and accepted an invite to a bridal shower. Oops! Luckily, Matt reminded me of the Allen's and I was able to correct my acceptance in a non-rude amount of time. Don't worry, I'm still sending a gift!

Well, this whole post pretty much ended up being a summary of our week long events. Kind of boring. Hopefully soon I'll have a good story or something besides the regularities of life and menu plans. Ha!

No comments: