Friday, July 2, 2010

Houseboating!

Last week, we were fortunate enough to go on a family trip to Bullard's Bar Reservoir. It's a lake that's located about and hour and a half away and it is b-e-a-u-tiful!!!! The water is so pretty, it almost looks fake! We arrived on Wednesday at noon and were there until Sunday morning. We had two houseboats and two wake board boats, tons of food and drinks, and fun people!! It was a much need break from the real world. I wish we could do a trip just like that once a month in the summer time.....

The cove we anchored our houseboats in...

A close up of the waterfall that was just a few yards away...

Matt and I on the tube...

All of the "kids" in the family on our boat...

On a separate note, I'm SO excited because my favorite holiday is the Fourth of July. I've loved it since I was a little girl.....the summer season, BBQ-ing, swimming, family get togethers, fireworks, and most importantly, the celebration of America and what our country stands for. I hope that everyone has a safe and fun holiday!!! Happy birthday USA!

No comments: