Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fun and News

The first, and most important piece of information that I have today is that my good friend Bonnie had a baby last night. She's one of those that doesn't find out if it's a boy or a girl ahead of time, so this birth was very much exciting. She had a little boy. He was 21 inches long and weighed 9 lbs 4.7 oz. His name is Beckett. Love him already : )

Last weekend was a good one. Friday we went to dinner with Matt's Dad and Step-mom. We went to a local place called Morrison's. It's a restaurant and bar that has been family owned and operated for almost 30 years. Unfortunately, the economy has gotten the better of them and they are shutting their doors this week. We wanted to make it a point to go and have a "last meal" of sorts as there are many good memories for me there. My friend Michelle is the daughter and niece of the owners and I'm so sad for all of them.

Saturday night we went to a local Oktoberfest. It was fun!! I had some Jaeger and beer and sausage and was one happy girl! (See my previous post about WW. Um, yeah good thing I started yesterday and not before the weekend!)

Sunday my running girls and I made shirts to wear when we run a half marathon next weekend. Then I watched the Giants lose with my in laws. But then they won last night so it's okay.

I don't have any pictures to commemorate any of this because I am lame. That is all.

No comments: