Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Four months later....

Alright, I'm a slacker!! The past few months, it just seemed like there wasn't really anything to write about. I guess there was, but nothing horribly earth shattering.....

First, let's do baby news! February 22, Ella Lee Blicke was born. I don't remember her stats now, but she was a little over 8 pounds for sure. She's a cute little sweetie and we love her! Congrats to Justin, Sara, and big sister Ruby! Next, Matt's cousin Mica and her husband Andy welcomed Grant Wesley Ingram on April 5. They live in Texas so I've only seen pictures, but he too is super cute and a great baby from what I understand. Finally, 2 days ago on June 15, Jordan and Nick had their daughter. Laine Aubrey Waldron came into the world at 7:23 pm weighing 7 lbs. 15 oz. and was 20 3/4 inches long! I had the pleasure of visiting just an hour after she was born, and she is gorgeous. And, even though I've already mentioned him and his birthday, my little Jack-man is doing awesome! He and his parents moved back to Woodland from Scottsdale a few weeks ago and Auntie Linds is super excited to have him so close!

Onto other events. At the end of March, Matt and I went to the family cabin with our favorite neighbors, James and Tiffany, and their two girls Skylar and Emerson. What a fun trip it was! The boys enjoyed some skiing on Saturday, and then the rest of the weekend we all played in the snow, ate, drank, played Catch Phrase, watched Twilight, and just enjoyed each other. It was the first of many trips with the Allens, and I can tell that they will all be super great!

In other news, I FINALLY received a sort of college degree this year!!! I officially am the holder of an Associate of Science degree in Accounting. And, I've also decided (AFTER having the degree that I do!) that I really do want to be a nurse after all!! So, this fall I am going to start the process of finishing pre-reqs and then hopefully will be applying to nursing schools by the beginning of 2011 (if not sooner!) I must LOVE school, huh?

Matt and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary this year! We went to San Luis Obispo for a long weekend, and had a great time! I wish that we were able to get away like that just the two of us more often, but I'll take what I can get!

Besides all of the above, we are in the full swing of summer!! Boating is a constant in our lives now, which I love! We just went camping for a friend's birthday last weekend, and have another trip planned for the last weekend in June. 

So, I REALLY am going to try and update this thing more often. Things that I have in mind for posts are: Menu Plan Monday (my list of what will be for dinner for the week), Thoughtful Tuesdays or Thursdays (a profound event or thought that I have had and my reflections on it), Wish List Wednesdays (a wish list of five things), Wordless Wednesdays (a picture only post), and Fabulous Fridays (a run down of what weekend plans are). We'll see if I stick with it. I saw a fellow blogger do a "blog olympics" of sorts, and her goal was to blog every day for one week. My goal is to blog every day M-F starting this coming Monday for at least one week. After that, it may fall to a few times a week, but that's still better than I've been doing!

No comments: