Friday, March 26, 2010

30 by 30

30 before 30

See this pretty picture? Elizabeth over at E, Myself, and I is celebrating her 26th birthday today. It's her golden birthday!! And in honor of it, she came up with the idea to make a list of 30 things she would like to do before turning 30.
Being that my birthday was just this last Tuesday on the 23rd, I thought it would be a perfect time to participate. I have just short of 5 years before I turn 30, so that should be sufficient time to complete all of the things on my list. I will update as they are checked off.
So, without further ado, here is my 30 by 30 list:

1. Run a half marathon - Done on 10/17/10. You can read about it here.
2. Begin (and hopefully finish) nursing school
3. Visit New Orleans again
4. Go backpacking at Five Lakes Basin
5. Grow a garden
6. Become a wake boarder
7. Hike Bishops Peak
8. Bake something from scratch
9. Organize all of my photos and place into albums
10. De-clutter and simplify my home
11. Take a California road trip
12. Learn yoga and meditation
13. Go wine tasting 
- Done. Read this post to find out where and when.
14. See a Broadway show
15. Compile a cookbook of all of my favorite recipes
16. Learn to drive and launch our boat
17. Have one day of shopping where I buy whatever I want
18. Visit Las Vegas
19. Treat my Mom to a spa day
20. Play a round of golf with my husband
- done on 2/13/11. Read all about it!
21. Eat rattlesnake
22. Learn to barbecue
23. Open a retirement fund
24. Get reacquainted with
the piano
25. Landscape our backyard
26. Go to an amusement park with my husband
27. Learn to make my own green cleaning solutions
28. Ride a trail on my bike
- Done 9/18/10. There is no post. But I rode the trail from Tahoe City to River Ranch Resort : )

29. Find a skin care regimen - Done. Here's the post.
30. Reinvent my wardrobe

2 comments:

E said...

Lindsey, thank you SO much for participating! Your list is great! I love that we have so many things in common --- maybe we can "virtually" train for a half marathon together. Haha! I'll need all the support I can get!

You also have some really creative things like "eat rattlesnake." Wow!

Hope you have fun with it! (And happy belated birthday!)
E

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

What a great list! I hope you do get to go see that Broadway show. I love New York City so very much and Broadway shows are all AMAZING!