Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Golfing

My Dad was an avid golfer. He was totally that sterotype lawyer dude who would make lunch dates at the country club and then play a round before heading home to the wife and kids. He encouraged my brother and I to play too. It was something I remember the three of us doing together often. I didn't love the game or playing it, but I did love the time spent together.

One of the things on my 30 by 30 list is the play golf with my husband. He plays now and then with friends, and I've always wanted to play with him.Well, I accomplished that this last weekend. Sunday, the weather was totally fab to the u-lous and that morning we decided that we simply had to partake in outdoor activities all day. Matt came up with the idea of going to play golf. I jumped at the chance because 1.) It was something different than we normally do, 2.) We would be outside, and 3.) I would be able to cross something off of my list!

We went to a local "pitch and put" that is a simple, 9 hole course. Well, let me re-phrase that, simple for some, but not for people whose names start with an L and end with Lindsey! The average par on most holes was 3 and it took me at least 6 shots on each hole to put the ball in. We still had a great time though! And afterward, I was able to drink a bloody mary because I had earned WW points!!

No comments: