Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!! All morning, I've been thinking about all of the Valentine's Day's that I've celebrated over the years. One of my most favorite memories is putting together all of my cards for school and stuffing these message candies into them...


 Matt and I aren't super duper into celebrating Valentine's Day, but we do try to make it "stand out" from all other days. We usually have dinner at home, but we eat something that's a treat. Tonight, we're having lobster tail! YUM! In addition, we've agreed that we won't do gifts, but we will exchange cards. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that after dinner tonight, I can talk Matt into watching this:


I'm so, so lucky to have married the man that I did. And I recognize this every day but I do acknowledge that I'm guilty of not telling him that every day. My husband has so many wonderful qualities and I love him more than words can say.

Of course, Valentine's Day isn't just about the love you have for your spouse. So on that note, here's a shout out to my mom and brother. Both of whom have been rocks for me all my life and who I am so glad to call my family!! Love you guys : )

So, what are your Valentine traditions and activities and who are your Valentines????

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Adorable post. :) So did you get to watch the movie???

I was sad because we were going to go see "Just Go With It" but then my husband got out of work late so we missed it. OH WELL.

Happy Day After Valentines Day!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the comment!!

We did watch the movie and the hubby laughed quite a bit too.

I want to see "Just Go With It" also, let me know how it is : )