Friday, February 11, 2011

A Letter

Today is Friday. Like most other Friday's, the alarm went off and after putting off the inevitable for about 10 minutes, I got out of bed. As I was going about my morning routine of hair, makeup and lunch prep I heard my husband go out the front door. I had no clue why. Well, a minute later he came back inside and I hear the opening and sorting of mail. You see, we're terrible about checking our mail. I mean, REALLY bad. On average, I'd say our mailbox is tended to twice a week. So anyway, Matt is opening the mail.

About five minutes later, I heard him say, "Hey babe, you got a letter from Woodland College." Thinking that it was something to do with deadlines to drop classes or financial aid, I simply replied that I would look at it later if he would put it on my desk. He came into the bathroom and said, "No, no. It's from the NURSING department.". My stomach flipped. Matt asked if he could open it. I told him no.

I slit the envelope open and unfolded the letter. Matt asked if he could read it over my shoulder. I told him no. I told him no because I wanted to be the one to deliver the news to him if I had been accepted to the nursing program. I read the letter. It told me that my nursing application had been received. It told me that the wait list for the program was roughly two years long. It also told me that I had been accepted into the program. I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO A NURSING PROGRAM!

I am absolutely, 100% on cloud 9. Even though the wait list is tremendous, at least I'm on one, ya know? Which at the end of the day means that, in no more than two years (and hopefully less than that), I will begin nursing school. GO ME!

No comments: