Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wine Tasting

Last Saturday, I went wine tasting with a group of girlfriends. We were celebrating Kim and her impending marriage to Dave. It was such a blast! Rather than go to busy, hoity-toity Napa, we chose Amador Country. And I must say it was a good choice. Though, this was my first experience with wine tasting (so I have nothing to compare it to) I thought it was a great day, with tasty wine, yummy snacks and excellent company.

We started off at Terra D'Oro winery. This was my favorite. The atmosphere was casual, the people were friendly and knowledgeable, and the wine was great.


The next stop was at Jeff Runquist winery. This stop was also a good one. I liked the cheese that was served alongside the wine tastes.



Next was lunch at a restaurant called Taste. I had crab pasta that was delicious!

Finally, we finished the tour with a tasting at Cooper Vineyards. This winery was very cool. There were tables set atop huge barrels that we sat around for the tasting. A large group came in for a 3oth birthday and they were all wearing funky wigs.


By 7:00 when we got home I was EXHAUSTED! It was a fun, fabulous day but I definitely needed some flop time on my couch Sunday!

I'm excited to announce that this is another thing on my 30 by 30 list that can be checked off!!

No comments: