Monday, January 3, 2011

Recipes

Kind of a menu plan Monday post I suppose. This week for dinner, I don't really have a plan. Trying to stick with healthy things so I purchased turkey breasts and salmon along with green beans and brown rice for one meal, and red potatoes, peppers and mushrooms for the other.

I did want to share a Weight Watchers recipe that I tried before the holidays and LOVED. It's super filling and really tasty. I will definitely be making it again....

Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos

Ingredients:
1 pound chicken breast
1 can stewed diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can kidney or black beans, drained
1 cup of fat free chicken broth
1 red onion, chopped
Pepper to taste
* I added a little bit of minced garlic

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours. Serve in a tortilla with a little shredded cheese.

No comments: