Monday, September 27, 2010

30 by 30 Check In

30 before 30

Six months ago, I made a list of 30 things that I would like to achieve by the time I turn 30 years old. E is hosting this blog party, so if you want to participate head on over to her blog and link up. Today, we are updating everyone on our lists:

1. Run a half marathon (I will be running in the Nike Women's Half Marathon on October 17th. I achieved a run of 12 miles this last Saturday - GO ME!)
 
2. Begin (and hopefully finish) nursing school  (I submitted my first application to nursing school September 1st. I will find out on December 10th if I've been accepted)
 
3. Visit New Orleans again

4. Go backpacking at Five Lakes Basin

5. Grow a garden

6. Become a wake boarder

7. Hike Bishops Peak

8. Bake something from scratch

9. Organize all of my photos and place into albums

10. De-clutter and simplify my home

11. Take a California road trip

12. Learn yoga and meditation

13. Go wine tasting

14. See a Broadway show

15. Compile a cookbook of all of my favorite recipes (I've started gathering recipes for this)

16. Learn to drive and launch our boat (The driving part is about 70% complete)

17. Have one day of shopping where I buy whatever I want

18. Visit Las Vegas

19. Treat my Mom to a spa day

20. Play a round of golf with my husband

21. Eat rattlesnake

22. Learn to barbecue (I've grilled a few things now....ahi, Pioneer Woman's Tequila Lime Chicken, and a london broil. My husband has been a good teacher.)
23. Open a retirement fund

24. Get reacquainted with the piano

25. Landscape our backyard

26. Go to an amusement park with my husband

27. Learn to make my own green cleaning solutions

28. Ride a trail on my bike (Done on 9/18/10 up in Lake Tahoe. It was a 7 mile trail along the Truckee river.)

29. Find a skin care regimen (I've started moisturizing daily. Still need to find a night cream that I like and maybe an exfoliating scrub that doesn't dry my skin out.)

30. Reinvent my wardrobe (I've started this, and have realized that it's gonna take a while!)

2 comments:

E said...

Great list!! I'm jealous that you are READY for a 1/2 marathon... That's one of my goals, but I can only run, oh about, 1 mile right now!

Thanks for playing along today!

Scientifically Shara said...

Let's get on this yoga thing soon because I really want to start it up again! I also have an amazing de-clutter book that I will let you borrow. Don't let me forget!