Monday, December 12, 2011

Manic Monday

My weekend didn't start out so great. You see, I was supposed to go to Scottsdale to see my amazing friend, Bonnie, and her family. Thursday afternoon, about 16 hours before my plane was to leave, I got a phone call. Bonnie's son had been puking since that morning. We decided it would be best to postpone my trip, so as to make sure I wouldn't get sick and also that she would be able to adequately care for her sons without being in a martini induced haze as is the case with most of my visits. It's a good thing I decided not to go. Bonnie was sick herself by Friday night, and her other son got it the following day. I'm sad to have not gotten to see them, but am very much looking forward to my new trip in January.

Aside from the above, my weekend included lots of painting (almost there, some baseboard and doors and window trip left to do!). I'll have a post with a couple of pictures soon.

It also included a fight with the husband. We're fine now, but I just have to say I DESPISE being mad at Matt and fighting with him. Especially when it's his doing, and HE needs to be the one to apologize. At least when I'm the "bad guy", once I get over fuming I can be the one to go to him and eat crow when I'm ready. But, it's really shitty when you have no control over how or when an apology (that is very much deserved!!!) is handed out. Talk about a waste of a Sunday morning. BLAH!!

That's all for now. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I'm boring, I know.

No comments: