Monday, July 20, 2009

Menu Plan Monday and Our Weekend

I started off this week by cooking our first meal last night. We were boating all day and I decided that having a crock pot dinner ready when we got home would be best!

Beef Chicana in tortillas with corn on the cob (it was delish and totally hit the spot after a long day on the water!)

Cheese tortellini with vodka sauce, green salad, and bread (our vegetarian meal this week)

Pork ribs (made in the crock pot) with corn on the cob and potato cakes

Matt's night this week is Thursday. He had me take some hotdogs out of the freezer this morning, so I have a feeling that will be what he makes : )

I have to say, I'm loving this whole menu plan thing. It's nice to have three meals picked out for the week and to go shopping on Sunday morning when the store is EMPTY! I also feel like I'm doing better at eating somewhat healthier because I'm not constantly popping something quick and easy into the microwave. 

So, our weekend was great! It actually started a day early on Thursday evening. Matt and I took the boat to Swabbies with the Allens. It was a blast, though I was feeling it on Friday morning when the alarm went off at 6:15!!! Ha! Well worth the headache though! Friday evening, we had another couple of hours with the Allens and Emmy. Dinner and visiting, then we went home and flopped. Saturday we had a wedding of a friend of mine in Nevada City. I was WARM, but a nice wedding and Shannon looked gorgeous. We had a nice time. Sunday, we took the boat out with half of our siblings....Carrie and Zach, Marc and Melissa. It was a nice time. We were out there for the better part of the day having fun. 

As for this week, I plan to swim today, Wednesday and Thursday with my Mom. Tomorrow night, Bonnie, Carrie and I are going to Morrison's and Sunday we are having dinner with Matt's Mom. Should be nice!!!

Lastly, this is the day I said I would start with WW during the day. So, for breakfast I had one of their frozen quesadillas. It was four points. For lunch, I'm actually having some left overs and from what I can tell it should add up to about 7 or 8 points. I've also had about 2 points worth of cashews. So, let's say that after lunch I'll be at 13 points. That will leave me 8 points for dinner which is great!!! Plus, I'm swimming today so even better, right?

I need a grocery shopping trip to stock up on some healthy snacks and frozen Smart Ones!!!!

No comments: