Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Okay, to start, I just have to say I rock! I've been doing pretty good at posting a few times a week. And that makes me happy.

On a side note, being that I have a THREE DAY WEEKEND for the Fourth of July, my next post will be Monday, which means it will be Menu Plan Monday.  This weeks events have made me decide to tweak how I am going to treat my menu planning. From now on, I will have three meals per week planned, with no particular schedule as to when they will be made and eaten. The reason for this is our schedule. We're just busy in general, and always have last minute stuff popping up. For example, I had planned to make certain things on certain nights this week, and I have made ONE of the planned meals. That's right, ONE. And it's Thursday. Tonight, we are having left overs from that meal. Then, tomorrow we're eating out for Gram's bday. Saturday we're grilling for the Fourth, and Sunday I am making a second planned meal. Anyway, the point of this is to say that if I have three meals planned, and especially one that can carry over to the following week it will be less food (and time shopping) wasted. Kind of a rant just for menu planning, sorry.

On to Thankful Thursday!! Thankful Thursday is going to be based on what I am thankful for in the current week. Obviously, I am thankful for all of the people and things in my life, but to write a post about it all would take months. So, weekly I will write about my thanks for that week. Here we go....

This week, I am thankful for:

A boss that is understanding and considerate - he is paying us 4 days early so that we have money for the holiday weekend.

A husband who doesn't get upset with me when I get tipsy on a weeknight. Last's nights boating trip was fun, but I'm paying the price now.

My health. A co-workers mother was diagnosed with cancer this week. Enough said.

A husband (yes, I'm thankful for Matt twice this week) who is all that he is. Last night I saw some old friends (and "the one that got away") after boating. The song "Unanswered Prayers" that Garth Brooks sings went through my head all night long : )

Nicotine Patches. Slowly but surely, I am kicking the habit. By October, I hope to be smoke and patch free.

Three day weekends. There's just something about that one extra day.

Our military. I am a proud American, and it's in thanks to the men and women that serve our country every single day that I can wear what I want, have a relationship with my God, go to school, get up every morning and come to work, and be free. To all of those who serve and have served, thank you. I hold you in the highest regard.

The Fourth of July. It truly is my favorite holiday. I'm glad it's here again, and that it's rolled into a three day weekend. Yay!!! Bring on the fireworks smell!!!!

That's it for this week. Count your blessings, and make your Thankful Thursday list. It's a good feeling! Cheers : )

No comments: