Tuesday, July 7, 2009

WW...We'll find out!

So, my original plan for today's post was to talk about the weekend and our Fourth of July. But, I have a confession to make...I NEVER take any pictures. Ever. It's really terrible, I have a digital camera and just need to get a bigger memory card. It's just not something that's at the top of my priority list, but it really should be. Anyway, so, I never take pictures. Which means that in order to have pictures of events on my blog, I steal them from others. I know, terrible. The reason I can't post about this last weekend today is that I'm waiting for a friend to post pictures on Facebook so that I can steal them to include in my post. I know, horrible!!! I'll get better soon, I promise.

Anyway, being that I'm not posting about our weekend today, I thought I would post about my current diet/health plan. First off, I have a disclaimer. I detest dieting. Absolutely detest it. I think it creates horrible body image, and half the time is a lot of effort for little to zero results. I am, however, a huge proponent of exercising. I know I feel better when I work out, and I think it's pretty much that way across the board. I think the trick is to find an activity that you enjoy to be able to burn some calories off.

Now, I am not a gym girl AT ALL!! I have been a member at two gyms. The first one, I was faithful for maybe 6 weeks. The second I went to for about 6 months consistently, then fell off the wagon. The problem was that it became a chore. Not fun at all. So, I have found my "fun" exercise: swimming. I have always loved the water, and still do. When I swim, I love that I am able to have some alone time to just be. No conversation, just me and my thoughts. I also love the idea of running, which I started in June, but fell off once it hit 90 degrees. So, the goal is to be a swimmer in the summer and a runner in the winter. I will do either activity three times per week for forty minutes. So far, so good. If I want to throw a little extra in, I plan to do squats, crunches and push-ups at my leisure (i.e. while cooking dinner, doing laundry, etc.). Every little bit helps right?

So, my true weight loss journey began last March. My Mom, Aunt, Cousin and I started a biggest loser competition. At the end of the month, I hadn't lost very much, but I did lose some. It was encouraging. Then, I weighed myself again at the end of April....I was down 12 pounds in two months. Not bad. And the thing is, I can't even really tell you what it was that did it. I swam, but only about 2 days per week on average (sometimes more, sometimes less). I cut out my wine whilst making dinner, which was probably a little help. Plus, I just kind of cut down on portions. But now, I've stayed there (at least I haven't gained) and I want to finish up by ending at 140 pounds, so I've got about 18 or so to go. I know to get there, I have to get more serious. So here's the eating plan:

Weight Watchers. But here's the thing, I refuse to go to weekly meetings and I'm too cheap to sign up for their website. I have a lot of the materials, so I'm just going to do it on my own. Also, my meals at work for breakfast and lunch will be the WW Smart Ones frozen meals - super easy. I know this will be okay, because I buy them to eat even when I'm not doing WW, and I like them. In fact, I have a love for their breakfast quesadillas that I cannot shake : ) So, it will be Smart Ones for breakfast and lunch, and fruits and veggies (maybe popcorn on occasion) for snacks in between. Dinner will be normal, because I don't really cook too terribly to begin with! This will all be starting as of July 20th. Until then, I'm just going with the flow.

So there it is, my plan. We'll see how it goes, though I already have a good feeling about it. Here's to being the hottest I've been in years in a bikini next summer!! Cheers!

No comments: