Tuesday, May 31, 2011

3 Years!

On May 31, 2008, I married the most wonderful man I have ever laid eyes on . The last three years have been wonderful, and I cannot wait to see what wonderful things are in our future. Matt, I love you more than words can say. Thank you for being not only my husband, but my partner in crime, my sounding board, my therapist, my teacher, my comedian, and above all my very best friend. XOXO, your wife.

And for fun, I stole these Wedding ABC questions from one of my favorite blogs : )

The Alphabet of Our Wedding...

Attending:
We had about 120 family and friends

Bridesmaids:
4...from left to right, Michelle is a friend that I met on a houseboat trip in 2004, Stephanie I've known since 6th grade, Shara I've known since preschool and Carrie is not only Matt's sister but my dear friend.

Catering:
We had a local restaurant/caterer do the food. We decided to have a heavy appetizer theme so people could graze all night long. Things like stuffed mushrooms, tritip sandwiches, quesadillas, and sushi were on the menu!

Dress:
My dress was a Maggie Sottero that my Mom and I found at the local bridal shop.

Engagement:
Matt proposed on October 6, 2007 while we were boating on the American River. This is one of my favorite engagement pictures...

Flowers:
My colors were black and white. The one pop of color was in my bouquet and Matt's boutonniere. Calla Lillies are my favorite and they were used for the bridal party flowers. For centerpieces, we used square vases with white Gerbera Daisies.

Groomsmen:
Matt also had 4 people on his side. My brother and Matt's Dad are also in this photo though. From left to right...Justin who Matt has known since babyhood, Zach who is married to Matt's sister Carrie, Marc is Matt's stepbrother, Matt, his Dad, my brother, and Jason who is Matt's best bud.


Honeymoon:
We honeymooned in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for a week. This is a photo of the resort we stayed at, Velas Vallarta. Our trip included swimming with dolphins, lots of great meals, a beautiful room, tons of pool and beach time and some much needed relaxation! 

Invitations:
Found them online. Half of the invitation was black and the other half was white with wording the the opposite color. Sounds kind of funky, but they really weren't!

Justice of the Peace:
My father in law has an old friend who is an ordained minister. He married us. He also blew up a van with my FIL in the '70's...

Keepsakes:
I wore a necklace that Matt gave me as a gift for our first Christmas together in 2003. Not really a keepsake, but in memory of my Dad, after walking down the aisle I pulled a flower from my bouquet and placed it on the chair he should have sat in.

Ladies Night:
My bachelorette party was in Lake Tahoe and it was a blast!!!

Music:
A disc jockey did all of the music. I walked down the aisle to 'Unchained Melody' by the Righteous Brothers and Matt and I danced to 'I Cross My Heart' by George Strait.

Newlyweds:
Being that we're celebrating our three year anniversary, I guess we're not really newlyweds anymore...

Old, New, Borrowed, Blue:
Old was the necklace that I wore, new was my dress, borrowed was a bracelet and I seriously cannot remember what my blue was!!!! For some reason, I'm thinking it was in my garter....

Photography:
Marty was our wonderful photographer!! He took both our engagement and wedding pictures and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Since our wedding, 3 other couples from our circle have used him : )

Question Popping:
On the boat with my gorgeous ring and a bottle of champagne!

Reception:
Our reception and ceremony both took place at RH Phillips, a local winery. Unfortunately, they shut it down about 7 months after we got married : (

Shoes:
Silver flip flops similar to these...
Trash the Dress:
I've talked about it with my friend Sara...we'll see if it ends up happening!

Unique:
Hmmmm...maybe that we didn't have a cake. Also, that my brother walked me down the aisle...

Vows:
Nonreligious, traditional, and very short and sweet!

Wedding Woes:
Missing my Dad mostly. And I also regret not doing pictures with Matt prior to the ceremony. He refused to see me before I was walking toward him. Very traditional that one!

X-Rated:
I have no idea what this is asking....our actual wedding was pretty PG : )

Young Kids:
No participation from children.

Zzzz:
We were exhausted by the end of the night. We stopped at home to change and grab luggage, and our neighbor came running down her driveway with a plate of lasagna for us. We got to our hotel and didn't have anything to use to eat it. I ate lasagna with my fingers on my wedding night! We left at 7 am the next morning for Mexico!



No comments: