Wednesday, May 11, 2011

5/10/02

Sorry I've been MIA lately. We've been busy with house stuff and I'm in the middle of wrapping up school for the semester. Today, I want to write about yesterday.

May tenth is a hard day for me. That's because on that day in 2002, I lost my father. It was unexpected, and quick and traumatic. I'll say that he died of sepsis 3 weeks after having surgery for an aortic aneurysm. I miss him every. single. day. and wish so much to be able to talk to and see him again. Even if only for a few minutes.

A few precious people reached out on Facebook yesterday, and I want to remember, so I'm putting it on my blog.

From my friend Shara's father, John, who I've know for 22 years and is like a second father to me. He was there the day my Dad passed away....
"Bill - left us to soon. All his conversations were about the most important thing to him- you and Mitch. Take care - from Thailand. "

From my amazing sister in law, Carrie...
"I wish I could have met him. I love you."

From the best cousin EVER, Jordan...
"he was such a great man, and is missed so very much by all of us. Big hugs cuz."

and last but not least,

From my wonderful friend and neighbor Tiffany, who has become like a sister to me...
"He's smiling down today... So proud of the beautiful, sweet, funny woman his little girl has become!!! Have a great day & celebrate him. I can only imagine he and I would have LOVED each other!!"

No comments: