Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Weight Watchers Post

From time to time, I talk about my weight battle on here. Well, it's not really so much a battle as it is that I met my husband (before he was my husband) and discovered how nice a beer (or 4) is in the evening. And how yummy burgers and foods of the fried variety taste good, followed by another cold beer. And then pretty soon (more like over a 4 year time span) I had gained about 40 pounds. Fail.

Now, I will accept that some of that weight gain is due to the fact that I was 18 when I met Matt. And I acknowledge that a woman's body changes in shape and form. Therefore, I'll let 5-10 pounds slide. It's fine - I actually probably could have gained it anyway given those anorexia rumors during high school, but that's a different post altogether.

So that left me with 30 pounds. It wasn't until about a year ago that I realized I REALLY needed to do something about (actually, I always knew, I just didn't have the motivation or tools that I thought would work. Throughout my early 20's, I tried a few diets.....Atkins, South beach, The Flat Belly Diet, etc. The verdict on all of them was, eh. Last November, I committed to Weight Watchers. Kind of, except then the holidays rolled around, and you know how that goes. So in January, I really got on the train. And I've since lost 20 pounds.

What a difference!! I honestly cannot believe that I didn't do it sooner. I also can't imagine ever going back. Albeit I have about 15-20 more pounds to go, after the plight of losing that first half, I'm more confident that it's attainable.

I'm going to be so effing HOT : )

No comments: