Friday, March 25, 2011

30 by 30 One Year Recap

30 before 30

One year ago, I made a list of things that I would like to accomplish by the time that I turn 30. Here's my update:

1. Run a half marathon -
I completed the Nike Women's Half Marathon on 10/17/10. I hope to run the same half marathon this year.

2. Begin (and hopefully finish) nursing school
On February 11, I got a letter from the local JC stating my acceptance into the nursing program. I'm waiting to hear back from three other schools. I know this doesn't count as beginning and finishing, but it's HUGE progress that I wanted to share : )

3. Visit New Orleans again

4. Go backpacking at Five Lakes Basin

5. Grow a garden

6. Become a wake boarder

7. Hike Bishops Peak

8. Bake something from scratch

9. Organize all of my photos and place into albums

10. De-clutter and simplify my home

11. Take a California road trip

12. Learn yoga and meditation

13. Go wine tasting 
Went for the first time in January. It was F-U-N!

14. See a Broadway show

15. Compile a cookbook of all of my favorite recipes

16. Learn to drive and launch our boat

17. Have one day of shopping where I buy whatever I want

18. Visit Las Vegas

19. Treat my Mom to a spa day

20. Play a round of golf with my husband
Completed during a warm weekend in February.

21. Eat rattlesnake

22. Learn to barbecue

23. Open a retirement fund

24. Get reacquainted with the piano

25. Landscape our backyard

26. Go to an amusement park with my husband

27. Learn to make my own green cleaning solutions

28. Ride a trail on my bike
Did this in Lake Tahoe last September

29. Find a skin care regimen
Thanks to my cousin who is a Mary Kay rep, this is done!

30. Reinvent my wardrobe
 
 
So....I'm 6 for 30. I have four more years to complete the list, and at the rate I'm going, I'm actually right on schedule!! Ha!
 
It's funny, looking at the list I realize how easily I can cross some of these off......baking from scratch, green cleaning solutions and the photo album are all things that I could do this weekend. And maybe I will!!
 
I think I'm also going to print a copy of my list out and keep it somewhere visible. Maybe then I'll accomplish things a little more quickly : )
 
A shout out to E for coming up with this idea and sharing it with her readers. I'm having fun with it!!!

2 comments:

E said...

Great job! You are well on your way! THanks for participating!
E

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

LOVE your list. That is so awesome that you completed a 1/2 marathon. And eating rattlesnake?? You are very adventurous!