Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a great, but busy, weekend! It actually kind of began on Thursday when we went out on the lake with Matt's Dad, step mom Helen, step sister Catherine and sister Carrie. Not arriving until about 6:15 meant not leaving until we'd had out fill at about 8:45 (also, it was DARK!). This meant that by the time we yanked the boat out of the lake, drove home, picked up our car at Rancho de Shellhammer, fed the dogs and showered, we didn't get into bed until like 11. Which is uber late for Matt and I. What can I say? We're very old.

Friday, we both worked. And then I had Baby Laine for the last time on a Friday afternoon until my TEAS is completed and passed. And then, we went to dinner and a comedy show with Baby Laine's parents Nick and Jordan for Jordan's birthday. The comedian also happened to be a hypnotist. Jordan volunteered to go up on stage and let him work his magic. Matt and I were skeptical, but it totally worked. It was insane, funny, different, and probably something I'll never see again. That is until the DVD of the entire show is delivered sometime this week : )

Saturday consisted of working on the house during the day. Matt primed the eaves of the roof. After that, we went to a Trace Atkins concert. It was a good time, at a small venue. I'm not a die hard fan, but definitely enjoy his music and this show did not disappoint.

Sunday, we were in pain. Three nights in a row of staying up late (for us) had taken it's toll and we slept in until about 7:45. Then, we went and ate breakfast out. Then, I begged Matt to let me go back to bed and watch Real Housewives of OC on DVD. Then, Matt told me to dream on and get to work. Then, I stuck my tongue out at him and instead of getting to work I went grocery shopping. That sure showed him. Then, I came home and made enchiladas for dinner. Then, I got to work. Preparing window frames with flashing and then actually installing windows were among the house tasks yesterday. We're going to finish putting in windows today. Go us.

And now, here we are. Another Monday. Another weekend behind us. Oh, and also? School starts this week. The good news, so does my routine of not having to come into work on Fridays! To commemorate the end of summer, here's a photo of my hot hubby and I during happier, non-house building times...

No comments: